80% of original gum is intact. Or rice paper is on the other 20% upper areas. I will leave this to an expert to fix.This is a rare 1888 letter seal issued by the Japan Department Of Commerce. They issued 3 letter seals in 1888 - 2 in various shades of purple and a red one. ALL of these are rare with gum, mint. This stamp is post office fresh except for the small amount of rice paper attached. No thins, no faults, no toning. Nice gum that is there. I need the extra time for health reasons. All lots are returnable for any reason. Revenues generally come in a used worn and sometimes with tiny faults like edge tears or lite creases- I generally note anything that i feel is unacceptable if scarce or rare and if not rare i generally throw away bad stamps. Mixed collection lots will tend to have a higher chance of a tiny fault or two. So look carefully as i provide excellent photographs.. If you are not pleased... Perhaps look at lots closer next time- but return it as wanted. This item is in the category "Stamps\Asia\Japan". The seller is "treasurings-jewelry" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped worldwide.